Monday, February 16, 2009

Juicy

".....now we sip champagne when we thirstay," is a lyric from the song "Juicy" by the late Notorious B.I.G. Now why the hell would I start off with that, well I just watched Notorious the movie and hot damn, I'm in the mood to listen to it. But falling asleep and missing 30 or so minutes during the middle of the movie, I still think it was a decent portrayal of Biggie's life. Its still pretty surprising how they were able to pick an actor who was just as mufuckin ugly and similar in likeness. Most importantly though, that lyric also reminds me of waking up in the TAO booth at around maybe 345am(btw my good friend NormRocwell woke me up 22 times, soooooo close to gettin kicked out haha), and then all of a sudden I hear that same lyric, acapella of course, loooped for a couple times then mixed into the song "POP Champagne"(a fucking horrible song by one of the dirtiest looking mainstream artists, Jim Jiggaboo Jones). Now, given the quality and execution of that particular mix and transition, courtesy of our friend DJ Earwaxxx, I totally forgot my dislike for that song by J. Jones. So here it is..........the video, the song, the classic. ENJOI!

No comments:

Post a Comment